Monday, November 2, 2015

It's a wonderful day in the neighbourhood... Elder Skinner and the Awesome Investigator! Oct. 25



Good morning to all who roam the earth! I had prepared a video for this week's email but it's too big to send so we'll have to find some other way to watch it.

For now, though, I'm still in Korea and this week, as usual, has been awesome.

This Monday we went on quite the adventure up to Uijeongbu (의정부) to get some cheap, custom-tailored suits up there for my companion and our roommate, Elder Sullivan. 100% custom, delivered to our house, all for about $150. Pretty nice deal, I think, but I didn't get one this time around. Next time, maybe.

Also had interviews with President this week. Just some 'how are you doing' questions mostly, some advice on missionary work.

This past Saturday we met a potential investigator named Yu, and as it turns out, he knows where the church is, has taken all the discussions, and read the entire Book of Mormon. He's been busy lately because his father is in a hospital 2 hours away and goes down there whenever he's not working (also quite a distance away). He lives in our area though, so we were able to meet him for a little bit and discuss some of this. He's super cool.

Also on Saturday we got transfer calls... You all knew my companion would be going home, but guess what?

...No guess again.

...Okay, fine, I'll just tell you. I'm getting transferred! Even though I've only been here for 6 weeks! I'll be going to Imun (이문). It's the smallest area in the entire mission. O.o

So next week's email will come from Imun. Until then, here's a scripture I found lately that I've enjoyed...  It's Isaiah 61: 1-3.

 1 The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me; because the Lord hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek;he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound;

 2 To proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn;

 3 To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the Lord, that he might be glorified.
This scripture, to me, means that not only through the Atonement of Christ can we be released from bonds of sin and death, but also reminds me of just how much good we as individuals can do, as well as as a church. Think about the service of the Humanitarian program, the way Fast Offerings are given, and even just how much good we can make in the lives of those we meet personally. This is our mission in our lives- to do good, and to proclaim the Acceptable Year of the Lord.

Love you all, hope you all have a wonderful week, and as always, DFTBA!

~Elder Skinner
Korea Seoul ("Best") Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment