Monday, September 26, 2016

Elder Skinner Learns English! Sept. 11, 2016

Morning everyone! This week was pretty normal out here in Korea, which also means that I don't have a whole lot of time left to write my email! So here are the big events of the week, as quickly as I can give them!

The biggest news this week will be quite a shock, because well I haven't actually said anything to my family about it yet but! This week at zone training we learned that due to our mission president leaving for Japan (Area meeting of some kind) on the week of November 10th, They've moved my return date back to the 3rd! So as for the plans that some of you may have had to come by on the 10th, you'll have to move them. Apologies, but there wasn't much I could do.

Moving on, the reason for the title- we met with an investigator named Tom this week (I don't know if I've mentioned him before, but he's a nice guy, basically fluent at English), and he told us about the work he's doing as part of his English Linguistics major- and I still don't understand it! Auto-logical words (look it up), pretty i
nteresting.

Then came Stake Conference, where we heard from Elder Choi of the Seventy, talking especially about caring for family and the responsibility of husbands and wives in raising children.


Time is short, but here's a scripture that helped me out this week, D+C 58: 3-4.

Love you all, hope you have a wonderful week! Hoorah for Israel!

~Elder Skinner [?]

서울시 종로구 자하문로 152 1

서울 선교

No comments:

Post a Comment