Monday, August 17, 2015

Get enthused! Elder Skinner hastens the work! Aug. 17



Hello everyone! How have you been today? I hope the answer is "pretty freaking awesome, how about you?" to which I would probably respond "Tubular".

This week has been lots of fun! To begin I spent three days in two different threesomes, which both ended up pretty awesome. It's helped me to see how to improve myself as a missionary, and we saw plenty of miracles during that time, including a sit-down lesson from a contact on the street. So much fun.

Then on Thursday, we took an hour and a half bus ride out to Wonju for a zone conference, during which I nearly puked. I didn't, though, and once there we heard a lot of great things from President Sonksen. He talked about the progression of the work, specifically in Korea, and told us that now is the time for a hastening of the work in this wonderful country, and how we as missionaries can make that happen.

I can't speak for everyone here but I'm pretty stoked. I love Korea (and you all should too but that's not the point) and I can't wait to see the Gospel taught to the people here!

Since then, we've seen a lot of little signs of success in our teaching and contacting that have shown us that what President said is true- now is the time. Even in a little place like Gangneung, the work is beginning to progress. The stone is rolling out of the mountain, and that's freaking exciting! (Pardon my French)

That being said, those signs are still small. We haven't met the Golden Investigator, and our current ones have yet been unable to meet. We don't even have any new investigators this week, but the seeds are being planted, and soon we'll get to the fields white and ready to harvest.

So my message to you today is to get excited! The Church is true! The work is hastening! I love you all and wish you all the best through good times and bad. Things are still hard, even for me... I haven't wanted to wake up at 6:30 once my entire mission, and I'm not exaggerating. But through it all remember that the Lord is in the details.

Be good, work hard, and as always, DFTBA,

~Elder Skinner 🐙


No comments:

Post a Comment